Tools - Search Everything
- This is an extremely handy tool for locating files on your computer quickly
- In google, type in "Search Everything"
- "Search Everything Engine" voidtools.com should be number 1 on the list
- Under "voidtools.com" in green, click the blue "Download" text link
- Click the first option, in the Download Everything for Windows option
- It should end with .exe
- Click to Save File
- When your download box says to it's downloaded, click to Install
- In the Install Wizard Click "Next"
- It's advised to accept the default but feel free to change some of the settings
- Hit "Next" when ready.
- If the location is what you want it to be, Click "Install"
- Then Click "Finish"
- It should start up automatically when done
- It will take a few minutes to scanning through your harddrive/harddrives
- It's reading in your file allocation table, so you can find any file name quickly
- Type in any file name, or part of the name to get all related results
- This is a hugely helpful and time saving tool in finding files