You will need Filezilla or another FTP Client to implement this video
SummaryUpdating WordPress via FTP
- Go to wordpress.org, there will be a big blue button allowing you to download the latest Version
- Click to Save File and Hit "Ok"
- Right Click file in download box, to "Open in Containing Folder"
- UnZip using 7-Zip and Click "Extract Here" (you should have 7-zip from Tools You'll Need, if not Download It)
- Open the unzipped folder, "Wordpress"
- Run FileZila and connect to your domain, you wish to update
- Click on the folder with the name of your domain under the right hand "Remote Site" list
- Bring up your new wordpress folder on the left window, and the old version on the remote right window
- Right click on the highlighted Wordpress files in the left window and choose "Upload" top option
- Select "Overwrite" in the popup window and hit "ok"
- May take a few minutes to upload
- When uploaded, go back to your Wordpress dashboard and hit refresh on your browser
- Update notice should disappear
- Check the Updates section, you may need to update Plugins
- Click box to select all plugins and hit the "Update Plugins" button
- Type in your password and it will begin updating
- Go back to the dashboard and check everything is up to date